MENU

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Goody Two-Shoes



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I have an abundance of shoes.  Although it doesn't outnumber the many pairs of shoes Imelda Marcos reportedly owned, there's enough of them for me to make a mess in our shoe closet whenever I'm searching for the right pair to go with my outfit {because I'm girly like that}.


Similar to organizing clothes, pre-organizing your shoes makes it easier and faster to pick out shoes to complete your outfit.


The above shelves are nice enough { IKEA Lerber Shelf }. The problem is its not holding as many shoes as I would like {that and I keep buying more shoes} , therefore leading to a mess on the floor and making it harder to find a matching pair of shoes. Not only that, my shoes are prone to get scuffed and because I've run out of room on the shelves, my shoes and sandals tend to get lost in this pile of a mess.



And this is where The Container Store comes in. I came across this ad online and had to check it out since my home needed some happy organizing!



This was my very first purchase {online purchase} at this store. The items were ready for pick up the next day and I chose in-store pick up versus waiting for the item to ship and paying the shipping cost. 


New shoe rack PROS:
  • I can fit more shoes on one shoe shelf
  • More shelves {10 tiers} on one shoe rack
  • The shoe shelf angles down so you can see the whole shoe instead of just the front tip
  • It rolls around!


I picked it up yesterday in-person via curbside pickup which was really neat to try. I scheduled the date and time to pick up my purchase, called them 15 minutes before and again when I approached the store. When I arrived, I parked by the indicated pick-up sign and someone came out with my purchase and loaded it into my car. Really easy!


The shelves were also easy to assemble - less than 20 minutes each. After doing so, I cleared out the shoe closet {a.k.a. space under the stairs} and removed the 3 converted shoe shelves.


In the same manner I organized my clothes closet, I color organized the shoes by color on the new shoe rack.


With the 2 racks...


After that, I rolled both of the racks in the closet. Here's the final look:


Now, its easier to find my shoes, I have more room in the closet, and additional space for new shoes :)



No comments:

Post a Comment