MENU

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

No Sew Curtains

I've been holding out on purchasing a damask fabric to match my ottomans since the Waverly fabric that matched it exactly cost $19.99 a yard.


So, when I found these on sale at Joann Fabric and Craft Stores online, I purchased enough to make 3 window panels.


I'm going for a Parisian look in the living room and this is a room from my Living Room Inspiration file that has the elegant look that I would like to achieve:


My living room looks nowhere close to that, but I could definitely start with the curtains. So, first step was to lay out my fabric on the floor. Its nice to have the assistance of a little helper.


I laid out the new fabric on top of the old fabric and used it as a guide of what length to cut.


I had to learn the hard way that I needed to iron the crease before adding the no sew tape [picture on that later].


After ironing, add the no sew tape. Sidenote: I discovered no sew tape when I bought some curtains from IKEA. I'm no sewer and I'm not patient, so this was a great invention for someone like me who needs to hem curtains fast.


And here is the final product! I only had enough no sew tape for one panel...but it makes a great before and after picture :)!


I like how the sunlight flows through easily...


:)!


Like I promised, here's the picture of the oopsies that I made. Lesson learned!













No comments:

Post a Comment