MENU

Monday, June 27, 2011

I Heart Target's Red Clearance Stickers



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Yes, I am that lady that zooms past you in Target with a shopping cart and makes a beeline to the home goods department...but that's usually on one day out of the week - Thursday. Why? Target marks down the prices of each of their departments on a weekly schedule. By scouring the internet, this is what I found:


Target's Markdown Schedule -

Thursday: House wares
, lingerie, sporting goods, shoes, music, DVDs, books and luggage.
 


I mainly focus in on the house wares and on some days the lingerie section ;) [ I have a great shopping story to tell that involved waiting on my sister while she was at the chiropractor's and hitting a nearby Target via GPS and found a complete set of lingerie for 75% and under $5! ].  


Anyway, Target is super awesome and I absolutely love that their inventory turns over rather quickly due to their weekly and continual markdowns. I've recently been on the hunt for great looking lampshades and am surprised of how expensive they can be [ expensive for me is a lampshade that is over $10 ].


Target's clearance aisles can be a hit or miss and their clearance sections are at the end and back of the aisles - think outer perimeter not the main walkways. Also, like most clearance sections, it involves some digging around and maybe hunching down to the lower shelves to find stuff [ may be best not to wear a short dress, just sayin' ]. 


So, lo and behold, I found a black lampshade for under $5! $3.24 to be exact and originally priced at $12.99. $12.99 may not seem like a lot to someone else, but knowing that it can and will be priced lower in the following weeks, gets to me.


Sidenote: The price tag below the $3.24 one says $9.74. I've seen Target markdowns start at 15%, then go lower to 25%, 50% and finally 75% off. If you're patient, you can find the item that you want go all the way down to 75% off. In the case of this lampshade, I found the exact same shade at another Target for the same price.


FYI - The lampshade cost less than my lunch salad. Sad, but true.

What am I going to do with this lampshade? This is what I had in mind...


I've painted the wood nightstand table from a previous post, but am still working on the top with fabric. Reveal to be posted soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment