MENU

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quick and Easy Updates for Under $5


Lampshade Trim:
For a spool of navy grosgrain ribbon that cost under $2, I trimmed 2 lampshades.


BEFORE:



AFTER:


The entire process took about 10 minutes and I used existing materials of 2 lampshades and a hot glue gun.








Rug Border:

A bottle of fabric paint [ Tulip Slick fabric paint in Black/Noir ] that cost under $4 and took a total of 6 hours [ 2 hours to apply + 4 hours to dry ] freshened up a tired looking jute grass rug.



You can see the tired/worn looking border on the left and the newly painted side on the right:



Final product!



Also...another Craigslist purchase. I snagged both of these bar stools for $25.


I really like the "Pottery Barn" style look of these bar stools. 

I checked online and a similar bar stool on sale cost $249! Yowza!



[Picture below courtesy of Pottery Barn]

Thanks for dropping by :)!


No comments:

Post a Comment