MENU

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Upcoming Projects and Updates

I'm in the middle of a few projects and wanted to give you a peek of what I'm working on right now.


GAME ROOM

I snagged this vintage foosball table on Craigslist for $40 and plan on placing it in the second

living room aka game room




However, the second living room looks like this...




Oops...Yep, cleaning this room is another project in itself ;).



LIVING ROOM

I've made a few updates to the main living room which shows a glimpse of the style I'm going for:

contemporary Parisian, with a black and cream/ivory tone to match the black fireplace. I'm not

exactly sure how to further decorate the mantle at this point.


The items were things I already had that were used to decorate the apartment I lived in before.
  • Massive Paris print - $34.99  |  Ross
  • Damask printed ottomans - $24.99 each  |  Target
  • Huge chess pieces - $3.24 each  |  Target

DIY CHAIR REUPHOLSTERY
I started this almost a year ago and still have not finished. I bought 2 of these chairs for $10 each at Goodwill and the men who helped me stuff these chairs in my 2-door sports car started laughing when I pulled up in my car. I have a hatchback and just dropped the back seat and they both fit!  The foosball table fit in my car too...just had to unscrew the legs.  I do wish I had a large SUV, but then I'd probably be buying way too many furniture pieces...



NIGHTSTAND PAINTING
I bought a pair of wood nightstand tables for $15 on my way to work last year and they both have an interesting, heavy, marble top that is removable. I plan on painting the wood frame a glossy black and cover the marble top with a piece of black/white fabric. I also want to paint the handles a silver color or look for new silver modern handles.




Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment